Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Prototype 604 Crossover - Chicago 604 Owners?

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Prototype 604 Crossover - Chicago 604 Owners?

    Bump.

    Whatever became of this project?

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member Seadweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Prototype 604 Crossover - Chicago 604 Owners?

    Hi everyone!

    Sorry for the delay in getting back with an update! Time got away from me, but I'm still in the midst of this project. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't yet purchased the SPL meter as I had planned. Between business travel and other distractions, the project has been quite drawn out.

    I'm actually expecting a new set of XO's based on driver measurements taken on my system. The gentleman building/designing them just happened to be visiting my area, and stopped by with a load of equipment to take measurements of the driver. He has designed a new bass circuit and a new horn circuit based on his measurements, so the entire XO has been reworked.

    Hopefully, when I get the updated XO's installed, I can find the time to get the SPL meter and software, and take some measurements of the system.

    I'll report back once the new XO's are installed, and I've had time to give them a listen.

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Prototype 604 Crossover - Chicago 604 Owners?

    Great! Let us know how it turns out and how you like the new sound.

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member 604man's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2009
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Prototype 604 Crossover - Chicago 604 Owners?

    Seadweller, how much dampening material do you have in your cabs ??
    you need it to reduce internal reflections midrange frequencies......GC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.